Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Overarching Yield Goal:

Self-sufficiency!

Food production and storage
Lumber/textiles?

A big [global warming] idea is that the cost of food is going to go from being 10% of the western [American] budget back to it's historic reality of 30-50%... In order to win big, I need to devote a minimal effort to food production/storage. Lets say my production level is at 50H/W - that means if I spend less than 5H/W in activities related to food in order to maintain the current proportion of my western budget. [Meal preparation isn't included unless I somehow end up working in a restaurant sometime soon] That seems unrealistic in the high yield summer months [5H is the amount of time it took me mum and me to can 14Q [30lb fresh] of pears this year]

No comments:

Post a Comment